In Our Own Voice
Do you want to learn more about living with mental illness? Schedule an "In Our Own Voice" presentation for your community group or organization.
This program is presented by two adults living with mental illness who discuss their experience from dark days, when they weren't sure what they were experiencing, through acceptance, treatment, coping, and successes, hopes and dreams. This presentation is appropriate for audiences from the boardroom to the classroom.
Despite advances in the understanding of treatment for mental illness, people who live with bipolar disorder, major depression, schizophrenia, and other severe persistent conditions continue to face barriers in public attitudes that often deter them from engaging in recovery.
"In our Own Voice" presentations enrich the audiences' understanding of how the more than 58 million Americans living with mental illness cope while also reclaiming rich and meaningful lives.
By broadening people's knowledge of mental illness, we replace misunderstanding, fear, and judgment with insight, awareness and acceptance.
The program is ideal for:
- Lasts from 60 to 90 minutes
- Is offered free of charge.
- Is delivered to a variety of audiences
- Follows a structured format covering issues frequently faced by those dealing with mental illness
- Human resource departments and corporations
- Healthcare providers
- Law enforcement professionals
- Faith communities
- Any community or civic organization